I know a lot of you have been waiting for this news since I teased it earlier this year, so I’m stoked to announce the #ALMmentorsesh contest! I’ve had the pleasure of meeting many of you on the road and talking about photography, but there are always far more questions than we have time to get to! THIS IS OUR CHANCE.
On the following Smallpools tour dates, I’ll be selecting one person per show to receive:
· HALF HOUR MENTOR SESSION
Sit down with me one-on-one to talk live concert photography. We can go over settings, technique, practice shooting, etc. Ask any questions you want!
· PHOTO PASS TO SHOOT THE SHOW
Get access to take photos from the pit and put this new info into practice!
10/27 – Kansas City, MO
10/29 – Denver, CO
11/3 – San Francisco, CA
11/4 – Santa Ana, CA *updated*
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Post a favorite concert photo you’ve taken of any band onto Instagram and/or Twitter. (Doing both doubles your chances!) Doesn’t have to be a professional photo- phone pics are great!
2. Include the following in your IG caption or Tweet: #ALMmentorsesh, @annaleemedia, and the city of the show you’re attending. Include a short description of your music photography goals if there’s space.
3. Each winner will be notified at least 3 days prior to their show, so post your entries before then!
1. No previous concert photo experience necessary! The rules of the pit will be explained to you.
2. You must be attending the show to be eligible- tickets are not included in the prize.
3. You must have access to a digital SLR camera and lens(es) that you can bring to the show (own, rent, borrow, etc).
4. The photo passes will allow you to bring a professional camera into the venue and shoot the first 3 songs of each band from in front of the barricade. Venues that do not include a photo pit will be limited to shooting from the crowd. No flash, and no side or backstage access is permitted.
5. You are responsible for ensuring your availability to participate. Mentor sessions will be scheduled sometime between 5pm-8pm. TBD
6. Rules and dates are subject to change without notice.
^ Photo by Rachel Martin